Saturday, October 1, 2016

SCARE-A-THON 2016: FIGHT HUNGER WITH HORROR



Hello, friends and fellow fiends! It’s that time of year again, where nights come quicker, leaves rustle louder, and monsters and maniacs come out to play....

It’s time for SCARE-A-THON 2016.

Darn it, how do you open these things....?

As faithful readers know, for the past several years, I have dedicated my October viewing energies to various organizations deserving of some “terror lovin’ care.” Thanks to generous, like-minded souls, we have raised thousands of dollars for over two dozen different groups. This year, I have selected Greater Chicago Food Depository, a nonprofit food distribution and training center that provides food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in the Chicagoland community.

In the past, my goal has been to watch as many movies as possible in the spirit of a walk-a-thon or read-a-thon. However, due to work and travel obligations, I know my October viewing time is going to be limited. Therefore, I am planning to shoot for a humble 31 films, one for each day of the scariest month of the year.


With that goal in mind, I am asking for your assistance on a per-movie pledge basis. (For example, a 25-cent pledge would result in a $7.75 donation.) Of course, you are welcome to make a lower – or higher – per-movie pledge, or make a straightforward donation of whatever amount you deem viable.

At the end of the month, I’ll tally the totals (all individual donations are kept confidential), and together, we can help feed our fellow brothers and sisters and their families for whom a “Happy Halloween” requires more than a bite-sized Milky Way.

Lend a hand... You know you want to.

That’s it! If you are interested in participating, please email me at drach101@gmail.com and let me know your desired pledge amount. As in years past, I will be documenting my progress here on the Horror 101 with Dr. AC blog, so please stop by and see how we’re doing! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your time! Here’s wishing everyone a happy and safe Halloween season!

Caring through scaring,

AC



.

No comments:

Post a Comment